As a diver, it goes without saying that one of the most important tools is your light. This applies whether you are a professional diver exploring sea depths for wrecks or a recreational diver on an adventurous expedition through underwater caves. What is by far one of the most commonly used diving lights is the UK Aqualite Pro 20. Below are a few tips and guidelines that should make it easier for you to get the most out of the model.
Operating The Light
This model features 4 power settings with different light colors and intensities to choose from. To choose which one to apply, all you need to do is twist an easy-to-use rotary power knob near the handle of the light. While operating the light, you may also choose to switch between the three interchangeable lamp heads. This allows you to enjoy variety as far as lighting range is concerned.
How To Maximize Functionality
Despite the already great ergonomic design and the four power settings, there is a lot that you as the user can do to ensure that you maximize the light’s functionality. Below are three simple tips that will make all the difference:
- Figure out the right light setting for different depths.
- Invest in hands-free wrist mounts.
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged before going into the water.
Care and Maintenance Tips
The final step when trying to get the most out of your UK Aqualite Pro 20 is proper care and maintenance. In this case, there is not much for you to do as the model is very well designed. There are, however, a few care and maintenance tips that could come in handy. These include:
- Rinse the light with fresh water after each dive.
- Make sure the light is completely dry before storing.
- Keep the Aqualite Pro 20 away from extreme temperatures to protect the battery and other vulnerable parts.
- Check the O-rings regularly, re-lubricating as needed and replacing them when there are any signs of wear.
With this information, it should be easy to use and maintain the UK Aqualite Pro 20.