Scuba divers are always looking for an excellent torch that will serve their needs underwater. But you don’t need to be a professional to enjoy the performance of a superb lighting device. And the ScubaMax 1000 Lumen T-17V dive light definitely offers a lot of quality features any diver of any level will love.
The ScubaMax 1000 Lumen T-17V dive light uses state of the art ultra-bright LED technology generating bright light of up to 1000 lumens. This is definitely adequate, even in dark caves and on night dives. The beam distance is 1050 feet or about 320 meters – quite a distance by any standards. The high-intensity white LED light offers maximum visibility and truer colors in the water, even in darker conditions. What’s more, the LED bulb is shock- and impact-resistant.
For the professional, you need a dive light that has a high depth rating so that you can go as deep as you can or need to. In case you are a novice, you too require a dive torch that will work for you even as you get more experienced and begin to dive deeper. The T-17V offers an attractive depth rating of 450 feet or about 150 meters, which is way beyond the depth that most divers go.
The torch comes with two rechargeable Li-Ion batteries. This torch gives you a reasonable burn time of up to 90 minutes.
- The T-17V has an all-aluminum body, making it both light to carry and rust-resistant
- Its anti-abrasive, military grade, hard-anodized finish is a big plus for this torch
- Comes with a twist on/off function for easy operation
- This is one of the few torches on the market that comes with a full manufacturer’s warranty
- The light does not come with many accessories.
If you are looking for a light dive torch with powerful illumination and an attractive depth rating, the ScubaMax 1000 Lumen T-17V makes for a great companion.