The SubGear Prolight SP30 is a LED dive torch that comes with an innovative design with a good look to it. It comes with a powerful white beam that emits a very nice white spread of light. Manufactured by SubGear, the black adonized aluminum torch is a huge improvement from its previous models that excludes fiddly “turn on” switches that leaked in water and includes a functional lanyard mount on its base. The torch’s one twist top has now been fitted with dual O’ rings in order to prevent any kind of leakage into the chamber of the main battery. The entire torch weighs approximately 0.6 lbs. and has a great feel to it. SubGear has also gone out of their way to make some really nice improvements on the design of the torch. It comes with a rubber bump cap that helps to stop the torch from rolling away or falling down from where you’ve placed, which is a surprisingly nice feature when you are sorting out your dive gear.
SubGear Prolight SP30 Features
- The SubGear Prolight SP30 offers 500 lumens of light, which helps it to illuminate underwater areas amazingly well considering how compact the hand held torch is.
- The torch includes three C sized batteries capable of giving it an incredible 14 – 18 hours burn time.
- The dive light uses a CREE XM-L LED that has an approximate life of 50,000 hours.
- The torch is made of high-quality black anodized aluminum material and also has a rubber end cap that helps to prevent any accidental roll offs.
- The Prolight SP30 is capable of resisting water from entering its inner chambers to a depth of up to 330m / 1000ft.
- Very easy to use.
- Has a very bright light that illuminates well.
- Has a compact size that makes it easy to carry around anywhere.
- Slightly more costly when compared to other LED dive torches.
If you are looking for a well designed, feature-rich torch at a great value, then you won’t be disapointed with the SubGear Prolight SP30. Its price may be a bit more expensive than some, but considering the fact that this compact piece of art includes 500 lumens and more than 14 hours of burn time, it’s definitely worth spending more.